Thursday, November 5, 2009

Already?

I'm tired of this healthy thing.  Already!  I haven't even expected that much of myself this week.  It "feels" like I am never going to get anywhere!  I have worked out twice.  I've done the vitamin every day.  I've made one doctor's appointment.  I have ingested some water, more than normal, but not 2 glasses a day.  I've decided that even online, keeping a record of what I eat is a pain, pain, pain!!!  Does it sound like I'm having a whiny pity party for one today?  Yeah, I guess I am.

I would probably feel better about it all if I would get up and get moving.  I'm just tired this morning.  It is strange that all week I have felt totally exhuasted.  That being said, I woke up at 2:40 something last night and could not fall back asleep.  I thought exercise would make me more energetic.  The vitamin, too!  I think I am fighting a cold, maybe that is the root of my tiredness. 

I won't really quit.  To be completely honest, if I hadn't "gone public" with it, I probably would.  I need to get out of the funk, feeling so "blah".  Days of rain and I was fine, and now a week of sunshine and I'm in the pit?  No, I'm not going to take this lying down!!  I'm going to make a cup of tea, have my quiet time while my IPod charges, do a little morning work, and hit that treadmill.  Yesterday I went a little farther in 30 minutes.  Today I need to push for 1.75 miles.  I'm not sure I can do that in 30, I think I was at about 1.6 yesterday.  How about I TRY for 1.75, but so long as it is more than 1.6 I will be satisfied.  Then I will get on the phone and make a primary care appointment. 

I'll check back in later and record how I did. 
Struggling,
D

1 comment:

  1. It is odd that I am carrying on a written conversation with myself. I want to use this blog in th future as a reference, to I am going to risk looking like a nut :-). The treadmill froze up after 10 minutes and I think the display said .58 miles. I know it was .5 SOMETHING. After having to restart, I couldn't get my program to go back to 10 minutes in, so I just put it on manual and did 20 minutes. The reading was 1.20. I'm calling that 1.78. It might be off by .3 or less. Odd thing, the last 2 minutes I wanted to/could have gone longer. I have to shower and get busy on other things, though. I'm wondering if I would do better with 35 or 40 minutes, or if the last couple of minutes are always the best? 1 water, 1 vitamin in. Feeling a little better, but looking at myself in the mirror while walking was depressing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers