Monday, November 2, 2009

Baby Steps

Two days into this November thing, and so far, so good.  I'm checkin' things off the list!!  I just finished my first workout of the week, 30 minutes on my lovely "True 500" fancy schmancy treadmill.  It informs me that I completed 1.57 miles and burned 242 calories.  I have not used it much, sad to say,  Typically I only do it for 20 minutes, and shoot for 1 mile.  I guess that means I put in 50% more work in 33% more time!  I've had a glass of water and a vitamin today as well. 

On an unpleasant note, I also did the weigh in and measuring.  Ugh.  That experience, while it should have motivated me to get started ASAP made me want to crawl back in bed.  I have a lot of work to do.  The little card with that secret information is stashed away to never be seen by eyes other than mine!!!  The scale is packed away too - not to be stepped on again until November 30. 

That's my update for today.  I'm off to log in my workout at MyFitnessPal.com.  It really is a neat website.  Have a wonderful day!

D

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Keep at it. Each time I get discouraged that I am a work in progress. Kind of like the new song God is not finished with me yet I maybe paraphrasing that part but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great start! a lot can happen in 30 days, but the key is making it part of the daily routine. soon you will look forward to the workout...like a release sort of. really, i never would have believed it myself! i found walking to be one of the cheapest, easiest, and most effective workouts you could do. i did a 3 mile walk 3-4 times/week and a pilates DVD twice a week. (if you do the pilates, make sure nobody is home and the blinds are drawn...lol, people don't need to see anyone in those positions) it certainly works the abdomen, but it also strengthens your core so your posture is better and that automatically makes you appear thinner. as far as food goes...denial is a set-up for failure. i just try to make more good choices than bad choices. if i want chocolate, i choose dark. if i want bread, i choose whole grain...etc. i'm allowed 1200 calories and 20 grams total fat/day (set by my doctor.) at first, nothing went into my mouth until i googled the calories/fat. pain in the butt, yes, but you don't have to do it too long and you'll get an idea of what is "good" and what is "not so good." if you have a "bad choice" day, don't fret, it takes at least a week of eating like that to really make a difference...just make sure the next few days are "good choice" days. the cardio (walking) helps to negate those bad days as well by speeding up your metabolism. i always think i have to finish everything on my plate, so i use small salad plates to put my meal on...kind of tricks ya into thinking you're eating a lot!
    i hope some of this advice helps...just keep plugging away. good luck!

    dawn

    ReplyDelete

Followers